It takes time and effort to lose weight and keep it off, but several essential diet hacks can help. Having a lot of protein, fiber, and healthy carbs will keep you energized and also possibly increase your metabolism. Go through these recipes if; unsure how to incorporate these calorie-burning foods into your regular menu. The below-given recipes will be prepared under 30 minutes.
This snack is a perfect addition to your weight-reduction plan because it is low in carbs and high in protein. Idli uses incredibly nutrient-dense oats. So, here is a quick recipe.
- Dry roast the oats on a Tawa until they start to turn a light brown, and then grind the oats in a blender.
- Heat a pan with oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, and channa dal, and cook until the mustard seeds burst and the dals turn golden.
- Now add grated carrots, coriander, and chopped red chilies to this.
- Add the turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Combine this seasoning with the powdered oat combination, then whisk in the curd to make a batter with the consistency of an idli batter. Do not add water to the batter; instead, use as much curd as is required to achieve the appropriate thickness.
- Sprinkle oil on the idli steamer plates and pour the batter into each compartment.
- Let it steam for 15 minutes.
- To check whether idli cooked, prick it with a knife, and if the batter sticks on the blade, let it steam for five more minutes.
2.Urad Dal Without Oil
When made with curd, the protein- and fiber-rich urad dal becomes even more delectable and nutritious. Go through the recipe.
- Wash the urad dal with water and, soak it for 10 to 15 minutes then, drain it.
- Put the urad dal in a pressure cooker with water and cook till four whistles.
- After it is cooked, add curd, 1/2 cup water, garlic, green chili, red chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder as per taste, and mix well.
- Cook again for ten more minutes and bring it to a boil.
- In the end, you can garnish it with coriander leaves.
This healthy recipe for cabbage soup is based on a well-known weight-loss strategy and is full of flavor and a metabolism-boosting kick.
- Put oil in a soup pot, and heat it on medium flame. Mix the bell pepper, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic and stir it continuously for 10 to 12 minutes until softened.
- Boil the cabbage for 10 minutes until it is slightly tender.
- Cook, stirring, for an additional minute after adding tomato paste, chipotle, cumin, and coriander.
- Add salt, water, and beans. At high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer the vegetables for ten minutes with a half cover.
- Add lime juice after removing it from the heat.
This dish is low in calories and rich in protein, fiber, and vitamins. The best in this dish is that you can make it with available vegetables in your kitchen.
- Take a pan, add oil and mustard seeds, and let them crackle.
- Add green chili according to your taste and curry leaves. Allow it to fry.
- Now you can add vegetables according to your availability, like green peas, onion, beans, cabbage, tomato, etc., and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Now add the lightly roasted semolina, sauté for two minutes and then add the hot water.
- To avoid lumps, stir it continuously and then add salt as per taste.
- On the medium flame cook the semolina and all vegetables, until all water has been absorbed.
- At last, you can serve it with chopped coriander leaves.
It is the most fabulous dish to try if you want to make lunch quickly and have little time to spare. Do not want a sandwich, replace the bread with a salad for one of the effortless healthy lunch recipes you can make.
- One ciabatta slice, topped with half of the basil leaves, mozzarella, tomato, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sprinkle with balsamic glaze and serve with the remaining basil leaves and ciabatta slice on top.
6.Methi Ajwain Parantha
It is true that, when we think of parantha, the first thing that comes to our mind is that it will be greasy and fatty, but when we will cook at home, we can cut excess of everything. Methi-ajwain paratha contains a lot of good quality fiber in methi, which helps you lose weight. The recipe is available here.
- In a bowl, take a wheat flour as per your need, and as per your taste, put salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, grated ajwain, chopped green chilies,2tbsp Kasturi methi, and 1tbsp ghee. Mix all the ingredients.
- Knead the dough. Keep aside 15-20 minutes to rest.
- Flatten a small/medium portion of the dough into the shape of a chapati.
- On a medium flame, cook the parantha on both sides, using a generous amount of ghee on each side.
- The parantha is ready. Serve it with pickle or curd.
This creamy, crunchy cucumber sandwich recipe is the perfect combination of decadent and light. Cream cheese-yogurt spread complements the crisp, refreshing cucumber, and the whole-wheat bread’s hearty flavor and texture hold everything together. After removing the crusts, it becomes more delicate than a typical sandwich.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese-yogurt and pepper powder. Evenly spread the mixture on one side of each bread slice. Slices of cucumber should be placed on one piece of bread before the other; cream cheese side up is added. Take the sandwich crusts off and cut them in half diagonally.
India’s favorite comfort food transformed into a high-protein, healthy version. A hearty bowl of khichdi is packed with the goodness of oats, moong dal, carrot, green peas, tomatoes, chilies, and olive oil and will leave you feeling healthy, happy, and satisfied.
- Add oil to a pressure cooker, heat it, and add cumin seeds; let it crackle.
- Cook chopped onion until it becomes colorless, and then add ginger and green chilies and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the turmeric and red chili powders, then the tomatoes.
- Combine your favorite vegetables, rinsed moong dal, and oats in a mixing bowl. Let it cook for a few seconds.
- Now put water and add salt as per taste.
- Cook till 4 to 5 whistle comes, then let the pressure cooker settle down, and then the open lid.
- At last, you can serve it with chopped coriander leaves.
Flaxseeds, are high in fiber, protein, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorous, among other nutrients and minerals, and are ideal for healthy weight loss.
Ingredients of Flax Seed Raita
- 3 Tbsp. of powdered flaxseed
- 1 cup grated bottle gourd (Lauki)
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp roasted crushed cumin seeds to taste salt
- 1 Cup of water
How to make it
- Combine the bottle guard and water; cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Mix all the above ingredients, including the cooked bottle guard.
- You can serve it after refrigerating for at least 1 hour.
10.Mango Yogurt Parfait
This sweet summer dessert is nutritious, colorful, and incredibly simple to prepare.
- Combine hung yogurt, low-calorie sweetener, green cardamom powder, and saffron water in a mixing bowl. Blend by whisking. Clip the end of the piping bag after transferring.
- Put some muesli into each serving glass before layering the parfait. Put some of the sweetened yogurt, some mango chunks, and one tablespoon of the soaked basil seeds into each glass.
- Once more, sprinkle some cereal, pipe some yogurt mixture on top, sprinkle some mango chunks, and then garnish each glass with 1 tsp of soaked basil seeds. Now, serve right away after garnishing with a mint leaf.
11.White Bean & Veggie Salad
This tasty, meatless main dish salad combines white beans and avocado. Do experiment with various seasonal vegetables.
- 2 cups mixed green salads
- ¾ cup of vegetables of your choice
- 1/3 cup rinsed and drained canned white beans
- ½ diced avocado
- 1 tbsp red vinegar and 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tbsp cooking salt
- As per your taste, add pepper powder
Combine vegetables, green salads, and beans in a bowl, and sprinkle vinegar and oil with salt and pepper. Please bring it to a big platter after tossing it to blend.
- It is made quickly.
- Take a pan and add oil; put cumin seeds.
- Then add chopped onions, cook till it becomes colorless, and then ginger-garlic paste.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes, followed by salt and turmeric powder as per taste.
- Add red chili powder and garam masala as per taste.
- Add crushed paneer and mix well.
- At last, garnish it with coriander leaves.
13.Broccoli Fried Rice
Broccoli is a nutrient-rich vegetable packed with protein and healthy antioxidants. It is high fiber content; broccoli is fantastic for weight loss. On the contrary, brown rice is also a better option for weight loss when compared to white rice because it is more nutrient-dense, has more fiber, and offers a good amount of disease-fighting antioxidants. It is a fabulous dish that combines extra healthy broccoli with brown rice, spices, and a tiny bit of oil.
14.Red Lentil Dal
The entire family will love this red lentil dal. It takes 25 minutes to prepare and is flavorful, filling, and nutritious.
- Take a pan, add oil, and then add finely chopped onion and garlic; sauté onion for 3-4 minutes until it becomes lightly brown.
- Add chopped ginger & garlic, and let it cook for 30 seconds, then add spices as per taste and let it cook for 30 more seconds until you can no longer smell the fragrance of herbs.
- Add red lentil without a lid, and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and red pepper flakes.
- You can have it with rice or chapatti.
15.Chilli Garlic Omelette
This omelet is prepared with spicy chili and with garlic flavors. It is worth attempting if you have a liking for spicy foods.
- In a glass, whisk two cracked eggs.
- Then add chopped garlic, salt, red chili powder, and red chili flakes as per taste.
- Melt a small amount of butter in a pan, pour in the whisked egg mixture, and flip the omelet to cook on the other side.
- You may also include a slice of cheese to give it a well-rounded flavor.
16.Anda Methi Bhurji
Here is a detailed recipe for creating anda(egg) methi bhurji at home.
- In a pan, heat ghee/oil put cumin seeds, and fry till it changes its color.
- Fry chopped onion, garlic, and ginger.
- Fry tomatoes with salt, red chili powder, coriander seeds, and turmeric powder, as per your taste.
- Then add methi leaves and cook till they bend. Break the eggs into the mixture and whisk them until cooked.
- You can add garam masala powder for extra flavor and then garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
As the name implies, it is a balanced combination of curd and poha. Fresh gur was added to give it a wintery twist.
- Wash the poha in water.
- In a bowl of curd, mix the poha
- Dahi poha is ready. Add gur as much as you want.
- Garnish it with dry fruits.
- It is healthy as it is made of wheat and becomes very quick.
- Mix ½ cup wheat flour, ½ cup rice flour, salt as per taste, two green chilies,4-5 curry leaves, and 1 tbsp jeera.
- Make a thin batter by adding water.
- When the batter is ready, scoop some of it into a hot, buttered pan.
- First, let it cook from one side, then add some oil to another side.
- Cook the dosa until crisp after flipping it.
19.Jowar Vegetable Chilla
Sorghum, sometimes referred to as jowar, is one of the healthiest ingredients one can consume. Have a look at the Jowar tomato chilla recipe.
- Add ½ cup jowar flour, ½ cup wheat flour, 1 tbsp chopped ginger, one chopped onion, and one tomato.
- Add spices like red chili powder, pepper, salt, and coriander powder, gradually add water, and mix them well.
- Do not let consistency be too thin.
- The prepared mixture should then be spread out from the top of the heated pan and cooked until golden brown.
- It is ready; you can serve it with ketchup or chutney.
20.Mixed Beans Salad
This meal is delicious, simple to prepare, and flavorful. It is a rich source of soluble fiber that lowers blood cholesterol, and beans are a high source of protein. Use a pressure cooker for cooking pre-soaked beans. Mix finely chopped tomatoes, onions, and capsicum. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, salt, black pepper, and white wine vinegar with olive oil to make the dressing. Nutritious lunch is ready when you add the sauce.